Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

Drezzal

Hi, my name is Danny and i am a 17 year old male from ireland. I am a huge fan of the horror genre and my favourite authors are Stephen King, James Herbert and Darren Shan. I enjoy reading and thought that it would be great to have a go at writing. Its a pleasure to be part of the forum and nice to meet you all :thumbl:

D

Dr. Malone

What's your favorite Stephen King story? Novel, novella, or short story. I love them all, but Salems' Lot and that one that has the end of the world, and there's the devil in Las Vegas, are near the top. Apt Pupil was great, as well.

Oops. I didn't mean to have that be two separate posts. Not sure what happened...I don't see a way to delete.

Drezzal

Thanks everyone :D

My favourite stephen king books are IT, salems lot, pet cemetary and sleepwalkers. To tell you the truth, there is not a stephen king book that i have read that i didnt like, i am reading one at the moment about a mysterious shop called needful things which is quite good :)

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Danny. Needful Things was excellent... but I won't ruin it for you. Enjoy!

D

Dr. Malone

Needful Things was very excellent. IT scarred my childhood. And I agree Drezzall, there aren't many things he's written that's bad. From a Buick 8 let me down the first read, but I read it again recently, and it was better the second time. Some of the Gunslinger stuff is good, too.

J

Justin Millett

Salems Lot is one of my all time favorites! I'd like to see some of your writing if possible. Maybe we could swap some? Anyways, Im new here too but welcome to the forum Danny!

Drezzal

Salems Lot is one of my all time favorites! I'd like to see some of your writing if possible. Maybe we could swap some? Anyways, Im new here too but welcome to the forum Danny!

I have not written anything yet, i am planning to start soon ;)

Thank you all for the nice welcome :grin: