Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

L

Leah

Hi, my name is Leah. I will be a senior in high school this year, and I have been writing since 5th grade. The first thing I ever wrote by choice and for fun was in 5th grade during some downtime in class. It was a 10 page story about a group of children finding an abandoned house with a wall that could talk. I really wish I would have kept that story. I have been writing since then, usually fiction geared toward people my age and younger but I write 2 fan fics.

I don't want to be an author or an editor when I get older, but I would like to become an elementary teacher.

Other than writing I love to cook, read, listen to music, hang out with my friends and ride 4-wheelers. I am currently teaching myself how to knit, and I really am enjoying myself. These are the things I am doing in my downtime, when I am not at work (I work at a daycare) or in school.

I joined this forum because I don't like having my work critiqued and I really need to toughen myself up before I get to college. Also, my writing skills are getting kind of shabby because I haven't had any reason to write lately and haven't had time to just do it for fun.

The hardest part of writing for me is coming up with an original idea and including enough details about my characters and their surroundings. Oh, and of course picking out a name for my characters! But once I have a name and an idea I am ready to write...I mean type!