Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

slyerina21

Hello. I just signed up today. I have been writing on and off for most of my life. I have "writing a book" on my bucket list. Almost 10 years ago, after a pretty significant life event, I took a writing class and got back into it for a few years but then life took me away from it again. A friend suggested that I do a 100-day challenge and try writing something every day and I started that in May. I've heard the best way to improve is to just write. I made it thru the 100-days and am now up to 150. My goal now is to try and write every day for a year. I've used life experiences, random words, and my own thoughts and feelings as topics. Some days are easier than others but yet I still write. I would love to be able to get others opinions on some of my writing to see if it is any good or if its just good in my head. The hardest step will be putting it out there for others to read. I have a blog where I have posted some things but not many people have stumbled upon it.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi slyerina and welcome to our community!

A friend suggested that I do a 100-day challenge and try writing something every day and I started that in May. I've heard the best way to improve is to just write. I made it thru the 100-days and am now up to 150. My goal now is to try and write every day for a year. I've used life experiences, random words, and my own thoughts and feelings as topics.

What a brilliant idea! Love it. One of the best ways to improve is to just write.

Some days are easier than others but yet I still write. I would love to be able to get others opinions on some of my writing to see if it is any good or if its just good in my head.

Do you write fiction or poetry? We have a showcase for both

The hardest step will be putting it out there for others to read.

Don't worry most of us feel the same :) I know I do.

As a writer/reader which genre do you prefer?

I have a blog where I have posted some things but not many people have stumbled upon it.

Once you become a full member (after ten posts) why don't you start a WF blog

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Right and wrong are considered absolute values - but neither is completely one thing or the other.
I think it's more about seeing what you've done, and finding a way to do it better.

Oh and Slyerina... WELCOME!

slyerina21

What a brilliant idea! Love it. One of the best ways to improve is to just write.

Thanks for your response. I mainly write fiction now but I do have some poetry.

Thanks for your response. I write mostly fiction and I have written some poetry. I had a pretty significant life event ten years ago and I have been writing bits and pieces about what lead up to it and what's happened since. I heard one time that "everyone has a story to tell". You may be the at the end of a chapter while its the beginning for someone else and what you've gone thru may be a guide for someone else.

I read mostly fiction, murder/suspense. I also enjoy reading biographies and or stories about people overcoming things.

I love the idea of being able to do a blog here. Thanks for letting me know about it. I will check out the different forums.

Taylor

Staff member
Board Moderator
I've used life experiences, random words, and my own thoughts and feelings as topics. Some days are easier than others but yet I still write.

Good for you -- you're on the right track. And when you are ready to write that book, you can use these as the basis. I'm almost finished my first novel that I thought about for ten years before starting to write it. It's pretty much built on my own experiences, thoughts, and feelings.

Welcome to the forum!