Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

Salsajax

Hello everyone, I’m a few years from retirement and 3 years into a Creative Writing degree with the OU. I enjoy writing in the magical realism genre, and am beginning to find an interest in mysteries too. I hope to spend many years in my creative world when I finish work for good, and maybe even get published. Loving the journey and looking forward to meeting some fellow creators.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Salsajax and welcome to our creative community. How are you enjoying the Open University learning experience? The magical realism genre sounds interestingWhat attracted you to that genre?

thepancreas11

New Writers' Mentor
WF Veterans
Whoa! What a transition! You're venturing into a whole new world, a magical new world, even. What are your favorite books? What are books similar to what you like to write? I would love to talk about them!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome! Also a fellow retiree recreating myself as a writer. Looking forward to hearing of your learnings from the creative writing degree...