Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

JJ Dean

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to this forum and I'm excited to join such a vibrant community of smart people. I've been really impressed with the quality of writing and the level of insight in the comments I've seen so far.

I live in NYC and have been writing all my life. I tend to write genre stuff - a lot of sci-fi and crime fiction - but I try not to confine myself to any one thing.

I read anything and everything. Most recently, I've been having my mind blown by Liu Cixin's Remembrance of Earth's Past. Getting into N.K. Jemisin these days too. Other favorites include Borges, Meg Wolitzer, Hemingway and Richard Stark (Donald Westlake)'s Parker novels. I try to mix it up.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all.

- JJ

Reactions: PiP

Tiamat

Patron
Hey JJ! N. K. Jemison is one of my favorite authors. I don't know where you're starting with her work, but "The Broken Earth" trilogy is my fav. :)

JJ Dean

Hi Tiamat! Yes, that's exactly where I started. I just finished the first two. I've got the third one loaded up on my kindle. The breadth of her imagination is just incredible. Which one do you recommend next?