Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello (1 Viewer)

LadySilence

Hello :hi:
My name is Angela, all my friends call me Angy.
I am a storyteller:pen:
and I never know what to write in your presentations.
I always have a passion for writing short stories, but out of fear, I have never published anything.
I had given up writing, for several reasons.:(
Now that I'm old I want to try again.:love-struck:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Hello Angela, and welcome to the forum, I don't want to be too forward, and Angy written looks so like 'Angry' :) I do wonder what you call 'Old', your use of emojis does not signify a truly old person to me, I shall be 76 this week and barely ever get past a smiley :) I do like a short story myself, some people say they find them harder to write, but I have always found it easier to get across one clear idea. I look forward to seeing you around the forum, and to reading some of your stuff once you get past that ten post limit to full membership. Do feel free to drop me a PM if and when you do put up some of your own work, I would like to see it. All the best, Olly.

LadySilence

Oops ...:shock:
No, No, No, I'm not angry.:shock:
Perhaps, is it more correct to write "Angie"?:confused::-k
I didn't know it was wrong, as I wrote it.
Thank you so much for the explanation.:thumbl::love_heart:
I just turned 47, last week.
On some sites, I have been told that I am too old to use the Internet.:(

My dream, and to write a science fiction book.:love_heart::love_heart:

Tiamat

Patron
Happy belated birthday Angy! I definitely understand how scary it can be to share your work with the world, but hopefully you'll at least share some of it with us to test the waters. Welcome to boards!

Oh, and for the record, no one is too old to use the internet!

LadySilence

Happy belated birthday Angy! I definitely understand how scary it can be to share your work with the world, but hopefully you'll at least share some of it with us to test the waters. Welcome to boards!

Oh, and for the record, no one is too old to use the internet!

Thanks.

I will gladly share some of my short stories.
I just need to translate them into English.
The 'English is not my native language.