Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello, yet another newbie. (1 Viewer)

Modern Prometheus

My forum experience is limited to three very juvenile message boards, mainly the Gorillaz official message board. As such, I may be prone to posting three word posts or single emoticons from time to time. I expect, with time, I should shape up though.

I have been trying to become a novelist since the eighth grade with little success. I am not yet published. My first question is, was this message board worht joining?

Crazy_dude6662

isnt your question kinda redundant because most people will say yes, seeing as they are still here.

but, to answer your question, yes. i do think this message board was worth joining.

Welcome :)

B

Baron

There are piranhas in these waters but some helpful people also. Layed back or laid out.

Rob

Crazy_dude6662

last local writing group i tried were a bunch of people sitting around telling one person that they were great. it was weird and useless.

this place is useful is your willing to accept advice and such.

Daniel Malone

This is a great forum, where you can make friends and learn about writing, among many other subjects. You will like it here, I have learned a lot.

Voodoo

It's a pit you'll be expected to live in.

Drown or live. Live, you get better.

Drown, you run off crying.

It's laid back in a good way, and structured so that you're always aware of who is fixing to attack you.

Or maybe it's just my week.

Voodoo

Be nice, J.

it is old, though. Look for it in the debates soon, about how everyone wants to write about myspace elves.

speakerphone2

You rub off, what can I say?

I'm not a fan of the genre.

The only good piece of lit that came from that genre is Fahrenheit 451.

Modern Prometheus

I hate Fahrenheit 451! But then again, like I said, I like Asimov. His style is bare bones; no decoration, no adornment. On the other hand, Bradbury's language is so rich and metaphorical it bores me.