Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello Y'all from Abama (1 Viewer)

jlstratton

Hello,

I am new to writers forum and will, hopefully, gain much needed advice and motivation here. I don't spend alot of time on forums as I like to spend it writing. Nonetheless, I do enjoy participating in the review and critique process and find that I gain much from critiqueing other's work along with having my own work critiqued and reviewed. I enjoy writing and reading Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror, General (Regional) Fiction, and even Romance. I am Male but most folks tell me that I write women's fiction. I have been consumed lately by my current project of writing a novel-length mystery-suspense story featuring a witty and self-reliant (although sometimes over her head) woman. She is not a detective yet but, through her many mistakes in trying to help a friend, is soon thrust into the investigative world in order to help her friend, and ultimately herself out of being accused of murder.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever this site brings me and whatever I can contribute to other amateur and aspiring writers.

JL Stratton

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, JL! Let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums. That seems like a good idea of yours, the novel you are writing. I know I'd like to read it!

Nickie

jlstratton

Wow Nickie,

What a quick response! I checked out you website and it looks wonderful. It is so nice to know that there are people out there willing to share and help. Some sites I have looked at seemed more like a blog or dating service than a place for writers to exchange thoughts and ideas. I would love to tell you about my current story and even maybe share it with you. I am about half finished with the first draft. I have been picking up steam lately and may even complete the first draft by the end of the year. I am already seeing a possible difficulties with the story though. I have written short stories and some poetry most of my life and this is the first time I have set forth to complete a novel-length idea. Well, my writing has become so tight from a constant need to express myself in as few words as possible, I fear I will end my current story at between 30 and 40 thousand words. I know that I will have to come back in a add much needed description and expand my romantic thread. I'll just have to see how it goes.
Thanks again for responding to my post and I hope to hear from you again.
JL Stratton

Shinn

Hey there and welcome to Writing Forums, JL :D

Your idea certainly sounds like one I would love to see, either as a novel or, surprisingly, even as a movie.

~ Shinn