Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello WritingForum.com (1 Viewer)

G

Garro

Hi, my name is Paul and I originally come from Ireland but have lived in Thailand for the last five years.

I have wanted to write for most of my life (I am sure you haven't heard that before :p) but have always given up without finishing anything. I recently wrote a blog about my experiences at Wat Thamkrabok Thailand and was amazed to find that when it was finished it was over 46,000 words.

I wrote everything in my blog in a bit of a rush and don't feel that I have done it justice. I tried to begin a second draft today but suddenly realized that I hadn't got a clue what I was doing. The writing is nowhere near as good as I thought and I am a bit worried that it is beyond my abilities to improve it. During my despair I came across your site and thought that maybe I could get some help here.

Wat Thamkrabok is a Buddhist treatment center for alcohol and drug addiction and is famous for the fact that the patients are made to vomit for the first five days. It has been called the harshest treatment center in the world. My blog is the story of my experiences at the temple and the reasons I ended up there.

If possible I would like to post sections of my second draft and seek advice.

I also look forward to meeting new friends and learning lots.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hello to you Paul, and welcome to the forum. Feel free to post some excerpts, and don't hesitate to offer critique & comment on other work as well.

Nickie