Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello there (1 Viewer)

Have you ever looked at something you did and realize it wasn't the best idea? Considering the shortened version of my name is now BS, I find this to be my current position.

I'm a writer by hobby and I like to write things I enjoy reading. I find it hard to write something I don't want to read which means most of my work is just for the fun of it. Of course if you catch me on a day where I am spouting poetry I apologize for the verse that will flow forth.

How are things?

Damian_Rucci

Hey! Welcome to the Writer's Forum! I hope you enjoy If you have any questions just pm me

Last edited:

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, BS. I think the name is completely appropriate for a fiction writer. :) Enjoy!

Hawke

Patron
Patron
I don't think there is a 'too long' a time period when it comes to a first posting. But there definitely is a 'too short.'

This is very much a give and take community, meaning if you want critiques on your work, you have to give them first. Let members get to know you. Get your name around a little. Check out the other works and writings and styles. Tell them what you think. Then post. If you critique, generally it will be returned in kind.

As for actual length of post (which is likely what you're asking). The longer the post, the less likely people will want to read it. 2,000 words and under (which is even better) is the usual.

Last edited: