Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello there (1 Viewer)

Visualinotion

Hello. I'll be honest with you: I'm not a succesful person. I never was. I worked harder than anyone else but I chose to be an artist and that in Spain sucks. And it's quite a paradox that I work this hard and I don't have a job. In fact, I never had one. I'm 30 and no one ever gave me a chance for a full paid job.

So I was sitting here thinking about my life. About the plans that never come true. And all these stories that I have in notebooks, in digital documents and the ones I never wrote down because why should I? No one cares. I have a wonderful partner and a lot of friends who I love to death but... I really would love to share my stories with people. Because I get excited but I can't share that feeling with anyone.

And I though maybe I need to take action. Maybe there are people out there who had the same problem, with infinite worlds inside their heads they need to share. So I came to this forum. I wrote a bunch of horror and sci-fi stories in the past and I'm now with a dark fantasy saga that... well, to be honest I'd be glad sharing for free if that meant talking about it with someone. I guess I won't do it because of copyright and people stealing my work and blablablah, but... well, anyway, I say hi. Hope I came to the right place.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome!
Many write because the urge is irresistible. Just write. Self publish or seek an agent when ready. But regardless of the possibility of success, just write because that’s the best way to improve.

Last edited:

Lawless

I'd be glad sharing for free if that meant talking about it with someone.
You mean, you write in English?

I don't read horror but I'd love to discuss science fiction. And I've no interest in stealing any of your ideas, because I have plenty of my own, more than I'll be able to write in my lifetime.

Visualinotion

Thanks for the welcome! =] @Lawless I write in spanish, but I can translate it to english. I received an automated message telling me where to post stuff, it says there is showcased work around here? It's that common then?

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Success is measured in many ways. The fact that you are an artist and living in Spain could be seen as incredibly successful. Personally, I am already intrigued. What kind of an artist are you?

Lawless

I write in spanish, but I can translate it to english.
It's all right. This might turn out a most welcome opportunity to practice my Spanish.

message telling me where to post stuff, it says there is showcased work around here? It's that common then?
There is a restricted section of this forum where, the way I understand it, you can post your work after you've written 10 posts elsewhere on the forum..

Visualinotion

@Taylor I am an illustrator and comic creator. I've been involved in the videogame industry but here it's... almost nonexistent xd You just aren't paid most of the time, for every studio there are 50+ people making games for free in hope of being discovered. If anyone is curious you can look for @Visualinotion on Twitter.
@Lawless All right! I might share this new story then =] I ave no idea what I'll do with it when finish but it's going to be a long, pleasant journey anyway.
@LoveofWriting Thank you! It's cool, I'd like to translate my work anyway =]