Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello New Friends (1 Viewer)

MooreMom523

Have you ever found yourself drawn to something? Perhaps something that really serves no specific purpose, reason, or rhyme? It's just one of those things where no matter your life direction, it pops up again and again and you don't even need to seek it out? That's what writing is for me. I have been a writer for as long as I can remember; although I don't think I gave it much thought until my 4th grade teacher approached my parents about possible plagiarism of a poem I had written. She was a fantastic teacher and I loved her dearly but the pain of that questioning was very real.

Writing has been there for me when I was euphorically happy as a college student traveling the world and a safe haven when post-partum baby blues turned into something much more overwhelming. It has been a way for me to escape, endure, process, and ponder.

Largely, my writing journey has been a solo endeavor with only a few tried and true writing partners here and there along the way. I'm seeking to change that. To be a bit more intentional with what goes onto documents and lined paper and little scraps that get tucked inside books. Paired with that, I'm seeking a community that can understand what it is that writing does for me and who can help me develop a somewhat lonely hobby into a more robust one.

My grammar isn't the strongest. Commas have been the bane of my existence for quite some time, but content and creativity abound! If you're more interested in nitty-gritty things then I am a 30 something mother of 3 girls living on a busy little homestead in the middle of the United States. I love dark fantasy stories, political dramas, and memoirs - especially those about travel. My own writing varies greatly in content and quality and I'm so excited to share some with the people here when the time is right!

Best wishes and thank you for reading!

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
We're happy to have you aboard, and your reason for seeking out and joining this community matches some of my reasons. It helps to be able to discuss our writing with others who feel the same urges and share the same experiences. You'll find plenty of that here. :)

If your note here is any indication, you write beautifully. Please feel free to share in a Workshop forum (if you wish critique), or a Showcase forum to, as it suggests, show off. :)

MooreMom523

We're happy to have you aboard, and your reason for seeking out and joining this community matches some of my reasons. It helps to be able to discuss our writing with others who feel the same urges and share the same experiences. You'll find plenty of that here. :)

If your note here is any indication, you write beautifully. Please feel free to share in a Workshop forum (if you wish critique), or a Showcase forum to, as it suggests, show off. :)
Thank you! I hope to add some writing as soon as my nerves allow me to - hah!

MooreMom523

It certainly sounds like you've come to the right place, Mom. I guarantee any and all Dark Fantasy that you post or want read will find a pair of eyes with me at the least 🤓📖
Welcome to the forums!
Hah - surprisingly, even with this as a gamer handle for a strange series of reasons most people have shortened it to Moore - not Mom. That made me chuckle. Thanks for the welcome. We will see what I have the nerve to post in time!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
To answer your question, yes I have, and yes I could say writing has played a similar role in my life. Although, I didn't show as much early promise as you did. I would say your grammar is pretty strong. I struggle with commas as well. (Grammarly helps) But you strike me as my kind of writer, introspective, clear, and purposeful.

I look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to the community!

ritudimrinautiyal

Have you ever found yourself drawn to something? Perhaps something that really serves no specific purpose, reason, or rhyme? It's just one of those things where no matter your life direction, it pops up again and again and you don't even need to seek it out? That's what writing is for me. I have been a writer for as long as I can remember; although I don't think I gave it much thought until my 4th grade teacher approached my parents about possible plagiarism of a poem I had written. She was a fantastic teacher and I loved her dearly but the pain of that questioning was very real.

Writing has been there for me when I was euphorically happy as a college student traveling the world and a safe haven when post-partum baby blues turned into something much more overwhelming. It has been a way for me to escape, endure, process, and ponder.

Largely, my writing journey has been a solo endeavor with only a few tried and true writing partners here and there along the way. I'm seeking to change that. To be a bit more intentional with what goes onto documents and lined paper and little scraps that get tucked inside books. Paired with that, I'm seeking a community that can understand what it is that writing does for me and who can help me develop a somewhat lonely hobby into a more robust one.

My grammar isn't the strongest. Commas have been the bane of my existence for quite some time, but content and creativity abound! If you're more interested in nitty-gritty things then I am a 30 something mother of 3 girls living on a busy little homestead in the middle of the United States. I love dark fantasy stories, political dramas, and memoirs - especially those about travel. My own writing varies greatly in content and quality and I'm so excited to share some with the people here when the time is right!

Best wishes and thank you for reading!
Hi Moore
I just loved reading about you. You haven't started late, thirty is fine. I started writing from just last year, when I turned forty four and English is my second language, so I always need my writings to be workshopped here, before I call them as the final pieces. But I haven't stopped writing since then, coz it makes me feel contented, when I express through writing; what ever my mind imagines, playing ringa ringa roses with different thoughts running here and there.

You would enjoy writing and sharing your work here, I am sure.

Welcome

Ritu

MooreMom523

To answer your question, yes I have, and yes I could say writing has played a similar role in my life. Although, I didn't show as much early promise as you did. I would say your grammar is pretty strong. I struggle with commas as well. (Grammarly helps) But you strike me as my kind of writer, introspective, clear, and purposeful.

I look forward to reading your posts. Welcome to the community!
Thanks Taylor!

I do find my writing to be a reflection of self when working on shorter pieces. When I have a chance to sit down and map out a good fairytale of sorts I like that too.

I'm excited to be here because it's always refreshing to see people engaged in their passions!

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
You'll get great support here - welcome.

I'm less of a writer and more of a story teller. When going through primary school the kids and teachers all loved it when I stood up to share some story at 'show & tell' - some were real, others embellished, and others fiction. The gift a writer or story teller gives is a respite from a dull or unpleasant life - giving people a break, an opportunity to smile, or to imagine some great adventure is a wonderful occupation.

Last edited: