Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello! How are you? Good, good...(Awkward silence) (1 Viewer)

gwell66

Don't you wish you could skip pesky introductions to people you don't plan on talking to?
Hi, I'm Graham with the Introbot 22. (We can't wait to get to the thousandth version so it can sound futuristic)
That's it. I'm just here to hawk my robot. I don't want you to say, "Hi!" I'm not here to get my debut novel torn apart after working on it for a year. Nope Definitely not. So there's no reason to greet me.

Close that! Don't you do it! Don't you give me a courteous greeting. NO! Bad! Close tab.

Sigh. Fine, if you insist.

(What if I'm actually really grateful? Is it possible I made a convobot bc I fear the loneliness and isolation of being ignored? To avoid the terror of awkward silence, I let the robot take the risk for me. Or am I just a jerk? Can't it be both?)

I wanted to reward anyone who opens this with something silly and different. Hopefully it worked, haha.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I am greeting you with malice aforethought.

Hello.

painful and awkward silence ensues as predicted...

Okay! Now that we have that out of the way, howareya? Yep, that was different! You aren't planning on being trouble and just creating random robots are you? Because we'd probably just put them to work here.

Nice to meet you. (Ha. Take THAT!)

gwell66

I am greeting you with malice aforethought.

Hello.

painful and awkward silence ensues as predicted...

Okay! Now that we have that out of the way, howareya? Yep, that was different! You aren't planning on being trouble and just creating random robots are you? Because we'd probably just put them to work here.

Nice to meet you. (Ha. Take THAT!)

Trouble? Yes. Creating random robots? Heck no! All my robots are made purposefully.

I went and got myself a fox avatar, too. He's a reader. It's perfect! Fox Bros. unite!

gwell66

Greetings human.
I was just looking at your interview! Thanks for the greeting, sir!

"Long ago I read an interview by a literary agent, in it, he said that a writer’s first novel is often an autobiography, although the story is often told via allusion. That’s the way my Outlaw series came to be."

This is exactly what gave rise to my first novel (It's not a 1 for 1 thing. A significant chunk of my life was put into the main character and dialed up to 11).

Really cool and fascinating to see this thought of telling an autobiography through allusion has driven more starts than just my own.

Last edited:

Steve_Rivers

Hello <insert name here>, and welcome to the forums from Respond-o-bot, your friendly greeting companion.

You seem to be interested in <insert hobby here>, that's great! There are lots of like-minded people here, so you'll really fit in well.

What <insert specific aspect of carried-over-hobby-category here> are you interested in the most?

If you want to reply to this message, please press 1.
For more information about these forums, please press 2.
For hot and sexy <insert hobby here> chat, please press 3.
For complaints, feedback, and bitching about life in general, please press 4 and you will be directed to Pip's inbox.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

gwell66

Hello <insert name here>, and welcome to the forums from Respond-o-bot, your friendly greeting companion.

You seem to be interested in <insert hobby here>, that's great! There are lots of like-minded people here, so you'll really fit in well.

What <insert specific aspect of carried-over-hobby-category here> are you interested in the most?

If you want to reply to this message, please press 1.
For more information about these forums, please press 2.
For hot and sexy <insert hobby here> chat, please press 3.
For complaints, feedback, and bitching about life in general, please press 4 and you will be directed to Pip's inbox.

Have a nice day.
Ugh, another automated message. I hate bo-uh I mean....(looks at my own post). Well, shoot. I make the damn things, I never said I like 'em