Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

hello from Utah! (1 Viewer)

wheelz1138

hi y'all...
I'm not new when it comes to writing, but from my start in high school about eight years ago I have been a more personal writer, focusing mainly on real-life events and so on. I really want to branch out! I have written a few short stories for friends, but I want to get into writing for a more public crowd. I have an idea for a story. I just need need help getting it put together in a way that makes it worth reading, or at least gives me a good start. Thanks.

P.S. I mainly write poetry, so look forward to seeing some of them while I work on my 'masterpiece'...

ClancyBoy

I'm not sure if you want to know where Utah is, or where in Utah, so I'll answer both. I live in the northern part of Utah in the southwest part of the U.S.

Dear god man, everyone in Utah lives in the northern part unless you're the Jamaican guy who sells incense at that head shop in Moab. Does your city have a name? Salt Lake, Provo, Orem, Ogden, Logan, Brigham City, Leverkin?

Panguitch?

If it's Panguitch, what do you think of this here internet? Somethin' else, ain't it?

Last edited:

wheelz1138

Clancy Boy, St. George is a nice small city in So. Utah. However, I've spent the majority of my 4 years in the state in either Orem, or Kaysville. I'm in Bountiful now though.

(and that's the most personal info I'm going to give outside of a pm)

flashgordon

Welcome Utah... I'm in Colorado. I'm the opposite, all of my writing is dry academic type stuff, but I'm working on branching out into the more "personal" writing styles.

wheelz1138

Welcome Utah... I'm in Colorado. I'm the opposite, all of my writing is dry academic type stuff, but I'm working on branching out into the more "personal" writing styles.
Oh, I enjoy the more academic, research driven essay as well. I just find more regular motivation to write creatively. When the mood strikes me though, I can sit for a few hours at a time writing about an event in history, or business, etc.