Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from the U.S. Virgin Islands (1 Viewer)

Good afternoon.....or morning or evening depending on your time zone. I am new here...obviously. I am a semi-retired paralegal with a bevy of interesting life experiences that need to be written and shared. I have kept journals all of my life and have my B.A. in English Literature. I have been told that I am a talented writer but I have never pursued my passion. My goal long ago was to pursue this passion but life got in the way. I guess I just don't know where to start. I am not interested in writing the next great novel, short story, etc. but instead, view this as a sort of therapeutic way to deal with and/or make sense of my life and perhaps in doing so, I can help others. I live with treatment-resistant chronic depression and a recently diagnosed irreversible health condition. it sucks. Woe is me. Fortunately, I've been blessed with one wicked sense of humor. 'Tis the glue that holds me together. A few tidbits about me.....maybe TMI....you be the judge of that.

• I live on St. Croix and am working on my second marriage.
  • My first marriage lasted 22 years and produced two beautiful children.
  • I have had 2 loved ones die in my arms.....my mother and my grandmother.
  • I once worked for a Clinton cabinet member.
  • I was once cut out of a car.
  • My father was killed by a drunk driver when I was a baby.
  • I saved someone from drowning in Cancun, Mexico.
  • I am extremely intuitive.
  • I know more than most about depression.
  • I've burnt too many bridges.
  • I like to drink.
  • I like to smoke pot.
  • I like to share and swap stories.
  • I am extremely generous to a fault.
  • I've become a bit jaded about life.
  • My birth family is extremely dysfunctional and I have no contact with them.
  • I followed the Grateful Dead around the U.S. from 1983 to 1996.
  • I sing.
  • I love to laugh
  • I've been knocked down many times but I ALWAYS get back up.
  • I love to swim in the ocean.
  • I love music.
  • The most fun I have is at my own expense.

Can't think of anything else to add but I am sure in time, there will be more.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to your wisdom, expertise and thoughts in the threads, and would be more than happy to read, applaud your own stories.

Take your time to settle in, there are some really nice people here.

Hope to learn off you.