Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from Scotland (1 Viewer)

indigostar

Hi,
I live on the East Coast of Scotland and I've been writing since as long as I can remember...mainly lyrics and short stories. After taking a break from it for a while I decided I would join your community, hopefully to be inspired and to make some new connections.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better!

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
I'll wave a welcome, too. :) I know a few members, including me, who will testify that this community both inspires and invigorates them. I joined this site about 18 months ago, and since then I've completed two full novels, one novella, and have two more I started work on in August: a collaboration with one of the owners here (@PiP), and another 'solo' novel. We're 47k words into the collaboration, and I'm 17K words in the solo WIP.

I can tell you without question I'd have nowhere near that production in that time if it weren't for interaction with other great members in the forum. You'll find a thread in Writing Discussion (Share Your Writing Success Today) which is an inspiration. Brilliant idea from @indianroads, now one of our Global Mods.

By the way, I'm also a lyricist (and occasionally write the score, too), so Virtual High Five here. :) Some of my lyrics are contributing to the collaborative novel, matched by poetry from PiP.

ETA: As I was writing this, I saw you posted in the thread I linked. Welcome to it and pitch in on the comments!

petergrimes

Eh up Indigostar,

hello, welcome, I hope you're from Catterline, that's where my favourite artist lived, but I don't mind if you're not. I too have only been here a year and a half and have had some wonderful experiences as a result of joining this site. It really is great. The people are fantastic, in whatever field you're interested, also when you've made ten posts, much more of it appears, (the site) if it hasn't already. Can't praise this place enough. Settle in, take your time, have fun, all the best PG

petergrimes

It depends on the mood I am in really but it's generally lyrics/poetry and short stories. I do a bit of academic writing too and I've been getting encouraged to write a book related to my job but not sure about that yet.
Hi,

I'm afraid I only really write poetry nowadays so can't help you with much of that, but to be fair I'd never written any poetry before I came on here, I wanted help with my book (which was rubbish), so you never know which direction you might head off in and its all here under one roof, so never be worried about trying new things, you might surprise yourself and there are plenty of people doing those things that interest you, lots of really helpful people. Especially in poetry and lyrics workshop (but I would say that) All the best PG

Bloggsworth

WF Veterans
I'm currently looking at houses in East Fife, Anstruther, Crail, Pittenweem that sort of area. My daughter works in Edinburgh and lives in Falkirk, my late wife was from Dunblane, No1 daughter thinks I should live out my dotage nearer her than London!

indigostar

I'm currently looking at houses in East Fife, Anstruther, Crail, Pittenweem that sort of area. My daughter works in Edinburgh and lives in Falkirk, my late wife was from Dunblane, No1 daughter thinks I should live out my dotage nearer her than London!
Ahh the East Neuk is beautiful! I'm in Central Fife and often take a drive up the coast to clear the cobwebs away.