Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from good old Blighty (England) (1 Viewer)

Djwadsa

Hello All,

I have decided to join this forum as it as the best out there. I am here to look to this community for help and support. I have always enjoyed writing and have written a few book (all burned and deleted). this time around I have started with the overall plan of publishing it. so far i have about 5 chapters in draft and think it will be a rather good book, but what I think dose not matter so I plan to look to this community to give it a read and let me know as people on here will be honest. Thank you all in advance and I hope to get to know you all well

D.J.Wadsa. (pen name)

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Welcome to the forum! I can only apologise for my fellow writers who haven't responded yet. I'm so so so sorry about that. You know, sometimes it makes you give up on humanity. It really does. I mean, how difficult is it to just say 'welcome'? But, oh no, they're off doing something else, making a sandwich, a cuppa tea or pottering around on the allotment like fuddy duddies. Seriously disappointing.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Hello All,

I have decided to join this forum as it as the best out there. I am here to look to this community for help and support. I have always enjoyed writing and have written a few book (all burned and deleted). this time around I have started with the overall plan of publishing it. so far i have about 5 chapters in draft and think it will be a rather good book, but what I think dose not matter so I plan to look to this community to give it a read and let me know as people on here will be honest. Thank you all in advance and I hope to get to know you all well

D.J.Wadsa. (pen name)

Welcome aboard, DJ. I joined about a year ago, and as you can see, I'm still here. :) And I'm picky. LOL

Djwadsa

I am used to it, same as my real life. but any and all hellos i feel deeply about amd am thankfull, as soon as i get a few people talking to me i will use them to read portions of my book and get feed back. family are kind while strangers are brutal:) so with help from the people here i can finnal finish a book XD. oh an there nothing wrong with having a cuppa tea lol

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
I am used to it, same as my real life. but any and all hellos i feel deeply about amd am thankfull, as soon as i get a few people talking to me i will use them to read portions of my book and get feed back. family are kind while strangers are brutal:) so with help from the people here i can finnal finish a book XD. oh an there nothing wrong with having a cuppa tea lol

I only just realised this was in response to my post. If you hit 'reply with quotes' it makes it easier to see if people have responded to you. :)

Tea is fine and all but it has to be brewed in a mug and the teabag squeezed on the inside with a spoon. None of that teapot nonsense. It's only a tiny step away from wearing manacles! And you haven't 'experienced' tea drinking until you've had to quickly fish out half a biscuit before it completely succumbs to the heat. Now THAT'S tea drinking.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum! I joined for the same reason as you, to finish my book. You will get excellent feedback here, and also great support to inspire the completion. I look forward to reading portions of your book...

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
i have put the blurb in the fiction section, its called DRONES. 19 views and no comments:'(

Have you put it in the workshop section? That can only be seen by members. If you've put it in the section that can be viewed by everyone, I'd recommend deleting the story (just replace it with 'moved' or 'edited') and repost it in Writers Workshop area.

Djwadsa

moved it to the fiction workshop Drones by D.J.Wadsa, please check it out. would be so thank full for feedback :)

Djwadsa

could not find the delete function so i edited and typed moved :p. as soon as i get a few bits of feedback i may out out chapter 1 :), will have to re reed it and make the grammer and spelling changes. Thank you for your help i really mean it. it nice to converse with a good gentleman ready to help

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
could not find the delete function so i edited and typed moved :p. as soon as i get a few bits of feedback i may out out chapter 1 :), will have to re reed it and make the grammer and spelling changes. Thank you for your help i really mean it. it nice to converse with a good gentleman ready to help

Yeah, a mod has to delete the actual thread. You could have asked to have it moved but that can take a while.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
wow. okay ill try that. it as been viewed but no comments

Sometimes it takes a while to get comments. I have had some with 100s of views no comments yet. There are a lot of members all over the world and in varying time zones. For example for myself, I am still working, so don't have a lot of time right now, but might make time for comments later. Good for you for getting something up so quickly!

There may be some logistics as well as a new member that I'm not familiar with...perhaps a moderator can comment about that.

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner

The best way to receive feedback is to reciprocate. :)

Welcome to our writing community.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi DJ - I'm glad you're here. Your DRONES post looks like an interesting premise. I've been writing dystopian novels for the last few years, so of course I like that stuff.

I've been busy of late, and haven't be on this forum as much as I should. I have two novels of my own in the works - the first, which is due to be out in July this year, and another I'm just starting in on will be published April-ish next year.

Everyone here is passionate about writing; you've found a good place.

Welcome.

druid12000

Welcome! :hi:

In my defense, I was sleeping when you introduced yourself. I would have responded and welcomed you from my dream but, alas, I haven't quite grasped the mechanics of that maneuver.

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy your time with us and, as you have no doubt gathered, there's plenty of helpful folks here, and others who apparently have nothing but time on their hands and crippling insomnia (TheMightyAz :icon_cheesygrin:).