Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from down under. (1 Viewer)

B

brett

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on a writing forum. I'm 30,000 words (about 25%) into my first draft of my first novel. I am enjoying every minute of it even though it has taken me 18 months to get to this stage. (over a year of planning before I even started the first chapter)

Anyhow, I thought I should try to expand my horizons by joining this wonderful forum (a bit of a suck I know) as I don't have anyone where I live that shares a passion for writing.

I hope to complete my first draft by Xmas as I am not finding the writing too difficult thanks to the story outline I spent a year developing. I think that's when the real work will begin for me because I am not best with grammar and spelling. (every time I read something I wrote a while back I cringe at the mistakes)

My ultimate goal is of course to have my work published but I will settle for a completed and polished manuscript if that can't happen.

I'll try not to be a stranger here as work is busy and my spare time is devoted to physically writing my book.:thumbl:

Users who are viewing this thread