Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from Australia! (1 Viewer)

missmia86

Hi everyone,

I am a 21 year old girl from Australia and I have just embarked on writing my first novel. I'm not so much writing it with the specific aim of getting it published as I am as a learning exercise.

They say you need to write 1,000,000 words of fiction before your writing is good enough to get published. Haha... oh god.

I love love love writing, and even though the idea of writing a novel scares the _____ out of me, when I'm in the right mood, I love the process of writing. It is so much fun and gives me a total buzz when I know I've writen something that makes sense to me and maybe might make sense to someone else.

I also write articles that I am attempting to get published in some sort of free magazine here. They are called 'The Shopping Chronicles' and are basically just short pieces about shopping (anything from vintage shopping to shopping etiquette).

Outside of all of this, I am in my final year of university and I am studying Marketing. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, going out, walking and working out, dancing, cooking, writing, reading and BOYS!! WOOO! YEAH!

In June I am planning to go overseas and travel throughout europe and the US.

So, that's me. Thanks for reading and well done if you got this far!

My writing is posted in the critique forum.

xoxoxo

B

Baron

Welcome. I know that Richard Bach didn't write that many in his whole career. :)

rumpole40k

1,000,000 words? Damn. If I knew that when I started, I'd have quit. Guess ignorance is bliss.

welcome.

Rumpole40k