Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello from a Newbie (1 Viewer)

P

PatriciaDianne

Hello to all. I just discovered your site. I am a member of several other writing communities and I look forward to this site too. I have received good feedback, critiques and encouragement from the other sites and I am sure this one will be good too. I'm a retired business woman who is writing full time. I have self published one children's book, The Bigwigs and the Smallbergers, but my real interest is in poetry and short stories. I have a goal of putting together a collection and having it published by the end of 2008. I know that having writers like you look at my work will help me make my work better so that when I release it into the "knowosphere" it will be worthy of the readers. Thanks in advance for the support. Perhaps I can help you in return. I don't claim to be expert in anything except loving life. I do have a Masters in English literature, but grammar is not my strong suite. So I'd be much more help in giving you feedback on content and style than on technical aspects of your work. Perhaps we can all help each other to put out ideas that will change the world. Well, we can dream can't we? If I understand the process correctly, I can submit a work now so I'll start with one of my poems.

Shinn

Hi there and let me be the first to welcome you to the form, Patricia. There's an unspoken rule here; critique and the favour will be returned. I hope that you will have heaps of fun on the forums :)

~ Shinn

wheelz1138

Though I also "specialize" in poetry, I enjoy writing non-fiction as well. (Short stories also, but I was recently diagnosed with Scattered Idea Syndrome, or some similar thing.)

Welcome -- I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

-Wz

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, PatriciaDianne. Yes, we can definitely dream. Enjoy!