Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello! For the second time! (1 Viewer)

Selorian

Patron
It was nearly two decades ago that I made my first Hello post. It's been over a decade since my last post. But no matter the time away, it is nice to see the Green Lady still here for me to find my way back to.

What to say about myself? Much like the first time, I've loved to write for as long as I can remember and after many years of just dabbling at it off and on, I want to get back to it in a more serious way. Unlike the first time, I didn't have to search where to go, this time I knew. I look forward to helping where I can and learning from those more skilled than myself.

WF not only helped me grow my craft, it introduced me to the love of my life. In short, it has been good to me and it's good to be back!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
So great that you found your way back...welcome! I'm still a bit of a newbie, but I love it here.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Weird of me, maybe, but every now and again I'd sneak a look at your profile to see when last you'd been here. Really happy that you've returned. :)

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
It was nearly two decades ago that I made my first Hello post. It's been over a decade since my last post. But no matter the time away, it is nice to see the Green Lady still here for me to find my way back to.

What to say about myself? Much like the first time, I've loved to write for as long as I can remember and after many years of just dabbling at it off and on, I want to get back to it in a more serious way. Unlike the first time, I didn't have to search where to go, this time I knew. I look forward to helping where I can and learning from those more skilled than myself.

WF not only helped me grow my craft, it introduced me to the love of my life. In short, it has been good to me and it's good to be back!

um.
and thanks for supporting this space.
*best*
:D

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
Selorian -- I do not know you atall, but anyone whose reappearance causes this much excitement among so many people I respect, has got to be someone I need to know. Are bodies of water comfortable walking surfaces for you? Do you do tricks with loaves and fishes? No? Nonetheless, I am very much looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome home . . . . . . . .

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
welcome back cliff, it's great to see you back here where you belong. I just saw your avatar minutes ago and was flooded with memories. How's Val hope she returns as well. For those who don't know you were a great part of Wf's early days - you a a few others molded it to become the great green lady. Maybe we'll see pawn soon....

my warmest and dearest
bob

Selorian

Patron
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. It is a testament to the type of community WF has always been. I look forward to getting to know those I don't already know and catching up with those old friends I never realized I missed as much as I do right now.

PiP, thank you so much!

Gumby, good to see you again!

Foxee, Nah, not weird at all... well maybe a bit, but I would have done the same. ;-) Seriously, I was so glad to see you here when I logged on.

Clark, I'm sure as we get to know each other, you'll see I'm only comfortable walking on water when I'm running from sharks and only feed bread crumbs to fish sometimes. Thank you for the chuckle!

Bob, my old friend, it is so good to see you're still here. You're not the only one with memories coming flooding back. You are every bit as much of the greatness of the green lady as anyone has been.

And Val says 'Hello!' to all her dear friends.

It is good to be home.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. It is a testament to the type of community WF has always been. I look forward to getting to know those I don't already know and catching up with those old friends I never realized I missed as much as I do right now.

PiP, thank you so much!

Gumby, good to see you again!

Foxee, Nah, not weird at all... well maybe a bit, but I would have done the same. ;-) Seriously, I was so glad to see you here when I logged on.

Clark, I'm sure as we get to know each other, you'll see I'm only comfortable walking on water when I'm running from sharks and only feed bread crumbs to fish sometimes. Thank you for the chuckle!

Bob, my old friend, it is so good to see you're still here. You're not the only one with memories coming flooding back. You are every bit as much of the greatness of the green lady as anyone has been.

And Val says 'Hello!' to all her dear friends.

It is good to be home.

What's the story though, man? I notice you joined in 2009, have posted 176 times but are a patron! Look, I'm a writer. I need to know these things.

Selorian

Patron
What's the story though, man? I notice you joined in 2009, have posted 176 times but are a patron! Look, I'm a writer. I need to know these things.

My last post was in 2009. I joined 2004-08-04. I'm actually sad to see that most of my posts from those days are gone (I believe there was a server issue at some point that may be to blame). The original owner and the one responsible for WF, Chrispian, along with the then Moderators, chose me to be among the very first group of Mentors. I then had the honor of eventually being an Admin along with Pawn and Bob (rcallici). And as is often the case, life said it was time to move on to other things. I believe that is it, in a nutshell at least. Hope that satisfies the writerly curiosity.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
My last post was in 2009. I joined 2004-08-04. I'm actually sad to see that most of my posts from those days are gone (I believe there was a server issue at some point that may be to blame). The original owner and the one responsible for WF, Chrispian, along with the then Moderators, chose me to be among the very first group of Mentors. I then had the honor of eventually being an Admin along with Pawn and Bob (rcallici). And as is often the case, life said it was time to move on to other things. I believe that is it, in a nutshell at least. Hope that satisfies the writerly curiosity.

I'm assuming you'll be resuming that mentor mantle at some point? :)

Tiamat

Patron
Welcome back Cliff! I don't think you and I were active much around the same time, but it's still good to see you back! (Also, hi Val!)

Selorian

Patron

Thanks for that. That was a terrific interview. Chrispian and I still talk from time-to-time, he is a great guy.

Welcome back Cliff! I don't think you and I were active much around the same time, but it's still good to see you back! (Also, hi Val!)

Thank you. I know we didn't have as much interaction as some of the others, but you are one of the few on my friend list. Look forward to seeing you around.