Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello, everybody! (1 Viewer)

M

mka321

Hi! I stumbled upon this forum the other day and thought I'd join.

I've only recently started writing in my spare time, though I've been a lover of books since I can remember. I particularly enjoy Victorian literature, but I'll give most things a try. I've also begun to read poetry, which I used to avoid.

So far, I've completed two short stories which I may post on this forum soon, and written about 17,000 words of my first novel. I've tried my hand at poetry, composing a few short verses, but none of them seem any good to me -- perhaps I'll get some help here. :)

What kind of frustrates me is the fact that none of my friends share my interest in literature and writing; even the other students in my A-level English Literature class read only the prescribed texts, and usually reluctantly. And on top of that, I'm the only person in my family who even reads books -- well, my mum does, but her literary tastes are rather low-brow (God, I hope I'm not sounding pompous!). My dad has probably read only a dozen books in his lifetime. As you can see, I've nobody to discuss my interest with; but hopefully -- this being a writing forum, an' all -- I'll find plenty of people here.

I look forward to becoming a part of your community. :thumbr: