Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Kat Molina

Fair warning toall involved I write the way I speak. Bad grammar, punctuation in odd places,lots of bold or italics, sarcasm abounds and yes I even get a potty mouth fromtime to time. My pen name, which I will be using here, is Kat but most of thetime I’m answering to mom. I have a beautiful little girl that is almost 2 and anequally beautiful husband that is kind enough to support my passion while it'sstill only my hobby. I do most of my writing during nap time and after bed. My charactersare like family and I never quite know what may come out of there mouths next. Alot like the 2 year old and husband now that I think about it. I am aparanormal romance writer with a love of anything with vampires that don'tsparkle. This said it was a shock to me when I discovered that NONE of the charactersof my first full length novel has a biting fetish. I mean come on. I set out towrite a vampire book and it was like my hero just looked at me cocked a tawnyeyebrow and said "you want me to do what..." he got all uppity andpouty and simply refused to fit into the box I had made for him...and you knowwhat, the story is better for it. I have something fun and different and notthe same as half the trendy books on shelves right now. It's more work, more researchand more time, but I wouldn't change it for anything. This new direction allowsfor more openings. I have more options to work more follow-ups into the charactersand to branch off into other parts of this world. So I would like to dedicatemy first post to Dominic; my hero, for now.

Terry D

Retired Supervisor
Welcome to the forums, Kat. I have an affinity for vampires to, though mine are of a more archaic and less romantic breed. You should have a good time here.

Kat Molina

Thanks i hopeyou'll keep an eye open for some of my posts and let me know what youthink...you know as a fellow vampire aficionado.

monstersunny

Fair warning toall involved I write the way I speak. Bad grammar, punctuation in odd places,lots of bold or italics, sarcasm abounds and yes I even get a potty mouth fromtime to time.

~I love this!! Unabashedly proud of who you are and your writing style! All too often we lose ourselves when we second guess ourselves by trying to write what we think is correct instead of what feels correct. You go ahead with yo' bad self. Not much into vampires but perhaps twilight ruined that for me as well as my daughters insistence of watching every single one of those...dare I say cinema classics (feel the sarcasm)... 100 times....ugh...someone shoot me now, I don't think I can handle another twilight movie...LOL...