Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hello All (1 Viewer)

S

Shadez

Thought I would take a quick minute to say hi and introduce myself.

I am one of those people who has spent the last ten years saying one of these days I am going to write something... anything. About three weeks ago I decided that was the day, and have been pecking away the keyboard, two fingers at a time, ever since. I am about 27,000 words into a first draft.

I have been trying to learn all I can about the craft of writing. Unfortunately, it seems the more "rules" I read, the more difficult it gets to write. It seems attempting to follow the rules is making me think too much about the writing itself, less about the story. As a result the writing feels phoney to me. I am making an effort to stop trying to follow the rules during the first draft, vowing to fix what doesn't work on revise.

Thanks for being here and for having me
Shadez

Last edited by a moderator:

mi is happy

Hey there Shadez! I'm happy you've joined. Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum! I totaly agree with you and the rules jaz. Just write with your heart! (ahh...) Good luck and I hope to see your work!:)

4him4her4you

Hiya Shadez

Like yourself I have just joined today. Welcome, I hope we both enjoy ourselves and find the company inspiring!

4him4her4you