Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

He was the sort of man ... (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
He was a lone wolf, a type of man that didn’t need a crowd to stay alive.
I know the sort, the sort of man who, in a different age would have been a shepherd or a trapper, or ran a lighthouse, and lived on his own for most months of the year, but now lives happily alone in the middle of the crowded city.

Jk_Sl

I know the sort, the sort of man who, in a different age would have been a shepherd or a trapper, or ran a lighthouse, and lived on his own for most months of the year, but now lives happily alone in the middle of the crowded city.

The crowded city clouds my thoughts,
Now I choose to sit all alone with my thoughts
and ink.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
He was the sort of man who smashed any glass as soon as someone asked if it was half full or half empty.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
They say it’s till death we do part, but, he was the sort of man who never gave up on her, often re-using her bones to make good soup.

Slightly disturbing, maybe colonials say it differently, but surely "Til death us do part" :)

Gofa

Friends of WF
He was the sort of man, whom on a cold and stormy night, closed the port hole in the cabin’s cabin, lest there be gun shots in the hills.

Jk_Sl

They say it’s till death we do part, but, he was the sort of man who never gave up on her, often re-using her bones to make good soup.

Well now you have me the idea, are you related to Hannibal Sir ? [emoji38]

Gofa

Friends of WF
Slightly disturbing, maybe colonials say it differently, but surely "Til death us do part" :)

No maybe, we say it differently down under, as in marriage vows not the old late 60’s TV sitcom

any self respecting cannibal knows a good wife who is special should not be eaten all in one meal. Cold cut and sandwiches at a minimum the next day and bones for soup. PS slow cook the tongue. Such a strongly used muscle can be tough if cooked too quickly.

Jk_Sl

Served with a nice Chianti [emoji108]
This is starting to sound like a scene from Hannibal
4f0ea6f02e79f8d69b31c99e86539c12.jpg

Something I wrote the other day.

Gofa

Friends of WF
Mmmm looks like 5 dish descriptions from a delightful restaurant

last in this line

he was the sort of man who liked having women over for dinner, but only if there was sufficient freezer space.

Llyralen

He was the kind of old man who waited weekly for the garbage men to come and mess something up as if their lack of excellence was the confirmation of everything he knew was wrong with the world and his written complaints to the county were the confirmation of all of his unused genius.

Jk_Sl

He was the type of man to....... wait did someone shit in my lunch ? STACY! Scene from click where Adam sandler farts in the Hoffs lunch , can you tell I haven’t grown up yet [emoji136]
No neither can I [emoji1][emoji91][emoji122][emoji122]

Users who are viewing this thread