Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Have you seen my muse? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Xenoglossaphile
  • Start date
X

Xenoglossaphile

She's a capricious creature, teasing me with flashes of inspiration and then vanishing without trace whenever I try to pursue her... the minx!Hello all, after many years of sporadic writing, without ever having managed to finish anything, I thought I'd seek some help. I have already dipped my toe in the writing 101 thread and found it useful.Looking forward to my time here.X

Nickie

WF Veterans
Let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums, Xenoglossaphile! No, I haven't seen your muse... but mine is just as furtive. She comes and goes, often waits years. For me it's also hard to finish something, although I've managed a couple of times. I do know that I don't want to be a writer who has to write 2 or 3 books a year, like some of my friends.

Nickie

Erik Buchanan

I tell my muse what time I'm writing every day, then work whether she shows up or not. More gets done. Got to say, though, on the days she does show up,the work flows far better than on the days she leaves me alone.

As for the sporadic writing, everyone finds their own way to make things work. I'm sure you will do the same.

Welcome.

Shinn

Hi and welcome to Writing Forums :)

My muse, well, that's kinda tricky, because she likes ghost stories, so I've started writing some to keep her happy. And I agree with Erik, people soon find their own way to make things work.

Have fun!

~ Shinn

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Xenoglossaphile. :)

My muse likes to play mind games with me too, so I know just what you mean.

X

Xenoglossaphile

I tell my muse what time I'm writing every day, then work whether she shows up or not. More gets done. Got to say, though, on the days she does show up,the work flows far better than on the days she leaves me alone.

Interesting perspective, I must try that. Strange that it's not occurred to me before! Especially as it's so simple and obvious.

Cheers Erik!

Is your book available in the UK at all? I'm tempted to pick up a copy.

Erik Buchanan

Interesting perspective, I must try that. Strange that it's not occurred to me before! Especially as it's so simple and obvious.

Cheers Erik!

Is your book available in the UK at all? I'm tempted to pick up a copy.

I just checked Amazon UK and it doesn't appear to be there. You could order it through amazon.com, but I'm not sure what price the shipping would run you.

You can also go to your local bookseller and see if you can order it. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ask for Small Magics by Erik Buchanan, printed by Dragon Moon Press and distributed through Baker & Taylor, Bowkers, and Books in Print.

Be warned, we may be changing distributors right now. We've joined up with Edge SciFi/Fantasy to form the largest genre fiction publisher in Canada (yay!).

Let me know if you can't find a copy. We'll work something out (being the author has it's privileges).
[/FONT]