Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Have You Got Or Are You Working On A Pseudonym? (1 Viewer)

TheMightyAz

Mentor
It's a simple question and one I've been asking myself for years now. I can never decide but recently the name Frank Jacobs keeps popping into my head. Jacobs is a character from a novel I was writing a long time ago and I like using his voice, and Frank was the name of my father. I've also played with Kent Jacobs, which is also quite nice. What about you?

Frank Jacobs or Kent Jacobs.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Only 'Olly' for 'Oliver'. I am quite happy being me, Olly is down to others shortening it, but only policemen and tax inspectors use 'Oliver' so I roll with it :)

Chris Stevenson

I did develop and use a pen name about a year and a half ago. I went gender opposite for a YA series. The other 15 published books are in my real name. I've had serious reservations about doing this because I've been known for my real author name since I first started in 1987 with published books and short stories. I'm all over the category and genre map, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. Now, with my new pen name, it seems that no one really knows who this Christy gal is, and I have to constantly remind my fans/friends that the two names are one in the same. The thing about taking on a pen name is that it's like bringing a brand new author out for discovery. Almost like starting from scratch. I only did so to define my YA from my adult books. Kudos to those who have had success with this. I seemed to have confused my base.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
I did develop and use a pen name about a year and a half ago. I went gender opposite for a YA series. The other 15 published books are in my real name. I've had serious reservations about doing this because I've been known for my real author name since I first started in 1987 with published books and short stories. I'm all over the category and genre map, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. Now, with my new pen name, it seems that no one really knows who this Christy gal is, and I have to constantly remind my fans/friends that the two names are one in the same. The thing about taking on a pen name is that it's like bringing a brand new author out for discovery. Almost like starting from scratch. I only did so to define my YA from my adult books. Kudos to those who have had success with this. I seemed to have confused my base.

I've only ever had small short stories published and nothing of great note, so my name isn't known at all. I'm seriously thinking of changing it because it's time to get serious me thinks.

Reactions: PiP