Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Haunted (1 Viewer)

kbsmith

I slaughter to hear your sighs
I plunder, beg, and curse
Yet you never bat your eyes.
You, the surveyors of life. Though
you'd kill to make this burden light,
(reshape, reform, teach them right)
I find the weight it holds is death.
If not unto oneself
then unto someone else.

Jcrazy99

I like the ending, it flows nicely. I try to pay attention to how many syllables each line has. I haven't written a poem in a while though. One thing I like about your poem here is its dark, I like dark literature at times. Keep having fun. Good job.

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Food for thought, this poem. Not usually one for the abstract, but this one has fluid overlay that allows it to be applied to a plethora of situations and connotations. Concise and well wrought. Write on!

- D. the T. of P.B.

kbsmith

One thing I like about your poem here is its dark
If it were not for light, darkness would not exist. If it were not for something, nothing would be no option.

to whom do you speak?
The vices and voices and demons that haunt me. Those that survey my sitting here typing and tell me I'm a fool and a hypocrite.

plethora of situations and connotations.
It could mean an hundred things, but eighty five of them are morbid.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
kb... this is so siccck.. so, I love it.. adore the twisted tension sliding through the words... don't know... don't really care what it means... I am fascinated..

kbsmith

I destroy all the parts of me, one at a time, to no reward and no joy of others.
It's like I try to delete personalities, then new ones pop up in their place.
You'd have me kill the many different parts of me, because I should only be one.
But, I feel like, with every part of me I try to erase, I am dying.
If I am not dying, then isn't that part of me now dead? Have I then killed myself? or someone else?