Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Has anyone read, The Perks of Being a Wallflower? (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf

I heard it was good, and I'm going to read it asap, but has anyone read it yet? And if so, how did you like it??

L. Wolf

Gafgarian

Perks of Being a Wallflower is an amazing book and has one of my favorite poems in it. At the time of my life that I read it I was suffering from extreme bouts with depression. It showed me that I wasn't alone while at the same time showed me that to some small degree the life that I was leading wasn't as bad as everyone believed it was. You can live with depression is basically how it affected me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

LoneWolf

Thanks Gafgarian! I think that this book will help me out, then, because I haven't been feeling very perky for a while. I just bought the book yesturday, and I can't wait to read it! Thanks again :)

LW

mistress_batty

I thought it was a really good book when I read it (I was a junior in high school going through my own depressing time)...so it just fit right in and it was great....reading it now I'm a little back and forth on the book....but overall..it's a good read. I wish I had a friend to write to like Charlie.
^v^

Shoujoka

I read it, but considering the fact that I can't remember anything very powerful about it I can't say it affected me that much.

Wait, never mind, looking at the cover just jogged my memory. I guess it was just too long ago. To me, The Perks of Being a Wallflower proves that everyone has a place, even though in highschool it seems like this isn't true. Everyone has someone there that will care about them, and you just have to find those people. It's kind of like a quest to be cared for. It also incorporates drugs and sexually related things and all those uncomfortable situations that come with growing up. <3 I liked it, a lot more than all of MTVs other books of the same genre.

Users who are viewing this thread