Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Harry Potter 6 Discussion (1 Viewer)

krazyklassykat

I've found that discussing the happenings of the latest Harry Potter keeps me alive during dull moments, so why not have a go? If you're like the series, we could talk about the differences between past books and movies. That's fun, too.

casperthesheet

I had my first Harry Potter experience this weekend. My fiancé's friends wanted us to see Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. I've avoided it this whole time because I didn't want to get on the Harry Potter bus with everyone else but it happened. I'm going to borrow the first book from a friend and if it's good I'll by the whole series. Damn young English boys.

sLiCk

Yeah I didn't like Harry much till I saw the first movie. After that I turned into a junky. I think there is some kinda weird addiction to it. I mean how can kids who can't even read a 100 page book somehow read a book that is like 700 PAGES!

Viqto

I was disappointed with the Goblet of Fire film. It ended too quickly and the sudden turn from Cedric's death to a cheerful goodbye was probably the worst transition I've seen in a major film in awhile. They changed the story, left out Winky and SPEW(I can see why on SPEW though, it didn't add much to the main story).

A realization came to me that they are filming them to be isolated and stand alone movies. This is going to really screw the storyline later as many elements from previous books come into play in the later ones.

krazyklassykat

True, they did leave a lot of things out. So far, I liked it better than the rest of the movies, but they REALLY should have put the Quidditch World Cup in, and Winky, and seeing the kitchens would have been nice. Also, it is my belief that one of the worst mistakes they made in the movies was to leave Peeves out. Notice he doesn't appear in ONE of them. He adds so much amusement!

sLiCk

I thought they should of put the world cup in too. Personally I liked the First Dumbledore better. Why'd he have to die (Bummer).

krazyklassykat

Yeah, I did like the first Dumbledore better. He looked more, I don't know... sophisticated, wise, dry sense of humor kinda thing. The new one is kinda too plump, joyous... you get what I mean. lol

Crazy_dude6662

well the first is dead, so they cant very well use him can they?

i read most of the books in under 24 hours (seperate and not e constant)
i didnt jump on the bandwagon, i liked it befre most people, i had a first edition of the first but one leaky window and book on the window sill led to disaster :(

krazyklassykat

Ooooh I'm sorry to hear that about your book. I believe I have a few first editions of several of them, I know I have it for the fourth. I liked it before it got so popular, too. To be a geek, you have to not care what other people think. :p I need to find a place to get my fourth repaired, though. When I pick it up, half the pages don't come with it. :(

Rhea

Crazy_dude6662 said:
i had a first edition of the first but one leaky window and book on the window sill led to disaster :(

Oh no, poor you! I'm real big on preserving books (I like to keep them in really good condition, almost new) I don't know about you but to me, that'd be awful...I have the fourth, fifth and sixth books in first edition...

I started reading Harry Potter way before all the movies were filmed. My aunt got it for me and then I read it and went Potter-crazy. I recommended it to my friends, but unfortunately I'm the only one infected with Potter-mania. *sigh*

Anyway, I absolute adored the sixth book. Squeee for all the romantic stuff in it. Tears for the ending. Oh and I'm a real big Draco Malfoy fan so squeee for the big, big role he played in the book. I'm surprised bout that, but happy all the same. I knew the boy crying was him. Ha. I've read the book twice now, I think. I finished it the first time in less than 24 hours - not constantly reading, including breaks and stuff like that.

Do you think Snape is really a traitor? I believe that he's really on the Order's side...and that he killed you know who on Dumbledore's own orders. There was a whole argument about it on another site...heh. Anyway, if Snape hadn't done it he'd have died. Maybe Dumbledore wanted to save Draco. You know, there was a pretty good chance Draco would decide to go to the Order's side. When Harry called Snape a coward, Snape got really really angry. I don't think he'd have gotten so angry if he'd been a traitor. Rather, if he'd been following orders and killing the one person who believed in him, it'd have taken a lot of courage and Snape would have obhorred being called traitor.

I hope Hogwarts reopens the next year. I'll really miss them not going back to school if that happens. Can't wait for book 7!!

Walker Pierce

My mother, brother, and I had a large (4 hour long, to be precise) discussion on our interpretation of the fourth book, and I won on the point of Snape. At least, I won with my family.

I don't think Snape is a traitor at all, actually. If you think back to the part where Snape is staring at Dumbledore, the headmaster staring back at him, you may surmise that in that brief moment they--masters of the art--could be communicating through Occlumency. Also, when you read the line of Snape's face etched with hatred and revulsion, it is quite easy to figure that he's revulted by the fact that Dumbledore WANTS him to kill him, WANTS him to end his life. As for the reason, I have a few suspicions, but nothing solid, really.

A few passages later, after a brief violent intercourse with Harry on the grounds, Snape actually tells Harry the KEY to defeating Voldemort, the one thing that can actually end the man's mortal life. "Blocked again and again until you LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR MIND CLOSED."

Voldemort is a master of Occlumency, which is the key to "seeing" what an opponent is going to cast, though the opponent is silent. That's how Snape blocked all of Harry's spells.

Granted, Snape shows a lot of hatred for Harry after killing Dumbledore, but he's obviously pissed as all-****-get-out, and creating such an unbearable hatred in Harry is the most supreme way to push the boy towards killing Voldemort.

I highly believe that Snape will aid Harry--and the Order--in the next book, be it discreetly or openly with his identity.

Rhea

But it'd be kinda hard, though, seeing as they all believe he is a traitor now. I really hope (if he's on the Order's side, that is) that he somehow manages to prove that he's not a traitor.

And I really hope Snape manages to convince Draco to join the Order (yeah, that's the fangirl speaking :p) but I have a sneaking suspicion Draco might have a tragic ending...you know, forced to stay on Voldemort's side anyway, or *gasp* getting killed...

kalibantre

I'm probably gonna get slapped. But.. I really like the story lines but i find myself cringing at some of J.K.Rowling's phrases. Fairly sure she over used the word "beamed" in the last book.

And I think she said that she was done fooling around with what side Snape was on and that was that, but she could have been messing then too. Personally I hope he's on the Order's side, well pissed that sirius died, but maybe thats cause I fell in love with Gary Oldman at a rather young aged..

Anarosa

has anyone here read and finnished the 5th and 6th books. just wondering.. i dont want to say anything that might ruin the books for you. im a true harry fan too. my dad had to buy 3 copies of every book so that my two siblings and i wouldnt fight over who got to read it first.

this is going way back to the first movie.. but, was anyone else disappointed that they didnt include the sorting hat's song in the beginning.

also (and ive seen these movies way to many times, i own all of them) in the fourth movie, when they are in the tent after the world cup, and mr.weasley runs in. did anyone else notice that he runs into ron (who is being teased by the twins) and ron falls backwards onto the floor. i never noticed it untill this last time i watched it. but once i did see it i had to rewind and couldnt stop laughing.

i have a tendency to think everything ron does is simultaniously hilarious and unbelievably adorable.

i also missed winky. and was annoyed by how they altered the plot and dobby wasnt the one to give harry the gillyweed. it just irked me.

ok, i could go on. but this is long enough as it is