Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Harlan Coben anyone? (1 Viewer)

D

dejavu

okay, to just say that a short list of certain books are necessary reading is extremely difficult, i've never read a book i didn't like which is usually because i know what i'm looking for. but i will say that everyone should, at some point in their life, read something by Harlan Coben. he is a spectacular writer. he's written about 6 books of a series and i am ashamed to say that i've never read those. they're about a sports agent which is probably why. but i don't doubt they're good. but his masterpieces are the following (and they came out in this order):
Tell No One
Gone For Good
No Second Chance
Just One Look

they are all amazing, there's another stand alone of his out called The Innocent, but i haven't read it yet cuz it's still in hardcover and i don't feel like paying that much for it. but ya, if you want to read some kick ass thriller/mystery stories, read those. there are so many twists that by the end of the book what you thought was the truth seems so far away. just read them.

Spooky

I just finished The Innocent, that was the first Coben I've ever read. It was an entertaining and fast read but I don't know that I'd pick up anything else by him.

Wilderness

Ohhhh. My favourite author!! (one of them)
I just adore his work.
I heard him speak in Australia in 2004.
I have read:
-The innocent
-Just one look
-Darkest fear
-Tell no one
-One false move
-No second chance
-gone for good
-The final detail

Wow. thats a lot from one author. I plan to read more, though. :)

lani

Users who are viewing this thread