Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hans Christian Andersen (1 Viewer)

D

deserve to die

Anybody else like his writing? I have ever since I was a little child.
My favorite piece was - and still is - The Little Match Girl.

HarmsGirl

I love him! I did his works in Myth and Fairy Tale and CHildren's Lit at uni -- and I love the Little Match Girl. It was my basis this semester for my HCA essay a few weeks ago, which, my lecturer liked [no marks back but as I emailed my submission to her she read it online]. I can't wait to find out what I get.

VinrAlfakyn

I love Hans Christian Andersen! I liked The Little Match Girl, but I must say that my favorite is The Mermaid. In my book of his stories, that is the first one and I absolutely loved it when I read it. It was so familiar too, so I think I must have read it somewhere before I got that book, but I don't remember where. I felt the same way with The Little Match Girl. But I love the descriptions in The Mermaid, everything about it is just so beautiful. I could just read it over and over. (Honorable Mention also to The Nightingale and The Bottle Neck).