Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hannibal Lecter Series (1 Viewer)

Which is the best Hannibal Lecter novel?

• Hannibal Rising

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Dragon

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Silence of the Lambs

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
B

bluemouth12

For those of you that have read and enjoyed them what do you classify as the best of the Lecter series?

I have to admit I was one of the minority that enjoyed Hannibal Rising, but I know that it is far from being the best. That award I give to Red Dragon and I consider it Harris' best work.

G

Galder

Red Dragon was incredible. I do look foward to the new movie even though the book wasnt exactly the best. It did provide a good background for our favorite cannibal.

E

EricRoach

I think Thomas Harris is one of the great writers of our time. His sense of place and time bears a strong sense of authenticity. His later books read much like historical pieces, and are evidence of his vast intellect. TH's books are not for idiots.

seravance

I really enjoyed The Silence of The Lambs, but have yet to read the others. I've seen the movies to Red Dragon and Hannibal and kind of want to see Hannibal Rising. I'm hesitant to watch The Silence of The Lambs because I know it won't live up to the book.

Kane

I've never read the book, Silence of the Lambs, but I did read Red Dragon. While the movie Red Dragon didn't live up to the book, the movie, Silence of the Lambs was much better than the movie Red Dragon. So, it might be worth watching the movie.

/shrug

mashowasho

Naturally, I voted for Hannibal without thinking - not only is it my fav of the series, but it's my favourite book of all time! I'm reading Rising atm, and enjoying it so far, although as EricRoach said, it does feel more like !exposition or a historical piece. Having said that, I've only read the first few chapters and I'm enjoying it greatly anyway.

As for the films, I haven't seen any of them (except Red Dragon)...yet. I do know that they changed the end to the film version of Hannibal, though, which pissed me off no end. I'm going to watch them all as soon as I've finished Rising.

Users who are viewing this thread