Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hallo WF (1 Viewer)

deemac

I'm an 83 year old newie and a veteran scribbler by the name of Derek McBride. In my previous career I contributed to Trade Magazines, squabbles with the Main Stream Media and in-house magazines. I retired early to take up writing as a new hobby, but keen as I was, life in a remote Sufflolk village is not that peaceable so my attention was diverted into many other avenues.
The virus and its attendant isolation provided the space and time to return to my first love.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
I'm an 83 year old newie and a veteran scribbler by the name of Derek McBride. In my previous career I contributed to Trade Magazines, squabbles with the Main Stream Media and in-house magazines. I retired early to take up writing as a new hobby, but keen as I was, life in a remote Sufflolk village is not that peaceable so my attention was diverted into many other avenues.
The virus and its attendant isolation provided the space and time to return to my first love.

Oooo, you have experience with the mainstream media. That's perfect for a career writing fiction! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hey, deemac/Derek, nice to have you here!

Out of curiosity I looked up your name and "suffolk" and came up with an article about the church being vandalized. That really hurt my heart because those paintings on plaster are significant in how they were done. What a shame.

In any case, sounds like you've got some experience to draw on for writing. Glad to hear you've returned to it!

Foxee

druid12000

Welcome!

Glad you could join us. I think you'll find this to be a most hospitable forum.

I look forward to reading what you choose to share :icon_cheesygrin: