Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings! (1 Viewer)

B

blackrose

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Andrea and I'm a senior in highschool. I've loved to read ever since I was in preschool and just recentally I've decided to try my hand at writing. I love to write, but I have a hard time working out my plots and things. I've attempted two seperate "novels" of sorts, but after getting thirty pages into both of them I realized that I was going about the same thing in both, so I've decided to combine them and tweak a few things (saving my favorite characters and subplots, but throwing out the rest). I have an idea in my mind that sounds good to me, I just have to work out a few things (my genre is Urban Fantasy and I'm going to be focusing on a power struggle between the elves and the Fae based in Chicago...I have the major plot figured out as well as my two main characters and the "villian" of sorts). I guess that's why I'm here - to help me learn more about writing and to get feedback on my things.

I have written two (or three?) short stories, as well as a dramatic scene for an English class and I like them all, but I'm biased.

Hope to get feedback and help from you all! *waves*

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Andrea. Might I suggest a little something about feedback/critiques? The unspoken rule around here is critique and you shall be critiqued, meaning if you want 'em, you have to give 'em. Enjoy!