Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings (1 Viewer)

S

Sinnie

Just coming to say hello, I've been meaning to get involved in a forum like this for a while now, mainly looking for critique on my work.

An initial question, as a new person, am I likely to recieve less attention to any work I post up? Or should I stick around for a while first?

B

Baron

A good idea to offer critiques as well as posting your own stuff. Then people will return the favour. Welcome to the forum.

Kel

Welcome to the forum, Sinnie!

I'm painfully new so I haven't really started critiquing anyone's stuff yet. I've read so much of it, but I'm not sure how much I should be critiquing yet. I've yet to dive on in.

Lost in Some Story

First of all, welcome.

Second, I think you'll find that people who just come here and start posting stories don't get as much recognition. This is because you haven't really built a reputation yet and no one knows who you are.

My suggestion would be to come on for a couple of weeks, read the stories/poems and the comments that people leave behind. Learn the format issues and common mistakes that new posters tend to make. Then, leave some critiques or comments on some writers pieces that you respect. Sometimes, they'll return the favor. You give what you get here at the forums.

Write and post often and have fun.

Lost