Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings from Portland, Maine (1 Viewer)

G

georgedalphin

Hello all, my name is George Dalphin; I'm new to this forum. I'm an author/artist/musician/filmmaker living in Portland, Maine. I'm presently working on my second novel, The Subtle Physics, and several short screenplays I intend to film, and I have already finished numerous other short and long screenplays and one other novel, Thirsty & Drowning, which is available in a self-published format through Lulu. If you're interested in checking out my work, the first twenty-one chapters of my current novel The Subtle Physics is available in blog format through my website, Man-likemachines (dot com), as is all my other work, including my original music and mashup mixes as Headphoneboy.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Cheers,
George Dalphin
MAN-LIKEMACHINES

jlstratton

Hello George,

I am new to the forum as well and just wanted to welcome another newby. I haven't checked out your webpage yet but it sounds you write in the Science Fiction realm? I enjoy Science Fiction (reading and writing) along with some horror, suspense, mystery, or sometimes even romance. I know, wierd for a guy. I also enjoy music and poetry. I've written a couple songs although not hits, some poetry (you can find one of my poems "Advice to the Young" on poetry.com under the name james stratton) and numerous short stories. I am working on my first novel now and might be interested in self-publishing. Write me back if you can and tell me of you experience in self-publishing. I was thinking about going with Llumina press because they now offer returnability but I'm still researching.

Best of luck to you and hope to hear from you on the site
JL Stratton