Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings from Elisabeth! (1 Viewer)

CommonBlue

Hi everyone!

My name is Elisabeth and I am an aspiring author. Aspiring and aspiring, I am an author, just not yet published. ;D

I am a pretty laid-back person and I enjoy quite a few things. Some people have also described me as paradoxal, and fact is that I think they may be onto something.

I am fascinated by many genres, even if I have found my own writing to be rather limited. (I will simply have to work on that.)

My latest story is Parchment Limitations, which I have just started writing. I am hopeful that you will come to see more of it as time elapses.

I have been lurking around the site for a while now, as a non-member, and I have finally worked up the courage to join. This site seems to be a true treasure and I am glad that I finally have decided to be part of it.

I hope that I can come to contribute to this site and that it in turn can come to help me. Reciprocal relationships have worked since the dawn of civilization, so I trust that it will not let any one of us down.

Enough of me now.

I am glad to finally be here and get to know you!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Best wishes,
Elisabeth

Last edited:

The Backward OX

WF Veterans
Wow! I beat Shinn to it.

Welcome, Elisabeth. With that username perhaps you're English? On second thoughts, perhaps not - you don't spell "civilisation" the English way.

Last edited:

Shinn

Ox, for once, I'm glad you beat me to it :)

Anyways, welcome to the forum, Elisabeth. I hope you have fun here!!

~ Shinn

CommonBlue

The Backward Ox,

Really, my name may the subject of discussion, so I do not mind if it is spelled with "s" or "z." "Z" is quite exotic, now that I come to think of it, so no offence taken.

You are quite correct. I am not English , I am Scandinavian. So, one may come to realize that my use of the English language is an entertaining mix of American, Australian and British influences.

Last edited:

Shinn

What kind of writing do you do Elisabeth? I write fan fiction, military historical fiction (WW2 & Vietnam) and action/adventure.

CommonBlue

Shinn,

Admitting that English is not my native language and adding that I learn something new every day - I am not quite sure what genre my work is to be classified as belonging to.

I mostly write stories set in the modern world, very closely associated with daily life. The stories do however contain a fair share of dreams and ambitions among the characters.

What defines the stories is that even if they are set in the modern world, in a familiar reality, something mysterious is always present (to a greater or lesser degree).

So, I am not sure it can be labeled "fantasy" and my vocabulary kind of ends there. (My bad.)

What kind of fan fiction is it that you write, Shinn?

CommonBlue

What kind of anime fan fiction is it that you write? There are many different kinds of anime out there, making your answer rather mysterious. c:

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Elisabeth. Very glad you came out of Lurkdom. :) Enjoy!