Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings from Brussels (1 Viewer)

L

lalune

Hello !

My name is Anne, I'm 34 and I live in Brussels.

I write short stories since ever, I even won a few contests already, and recently, as I want to make a gift to an American friend, I decided to begin to write in English (my mother tongue is French).

Well, it was much harder than I thought, even if I'm fluent in English, writing stories in that language is quite difficult for me. So, I cheated... I first wrote in French... then I translated...

The informations I found on this forum are certainly interesting for you, but they are priceless for foreigners like me. I've already learnt a lot just by reading your posts. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, there is nobody around me who could correct my style, grammar or anything, my friends and relatives are all French and/or Dutch speaking. That's why I looked for a place where I could make a try by giving someone what I wrote, and get some advise or corrections.

That's all and I warmly thank the ones who will leave some comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hello Anne, and welcome to the forum! Just like you, I'm Belgian, but my mother tongue is Flemish. To be honest, I never speak French! I do understand it (my grandfather was from Wallony) and can write it, but here you never need to speak French. I have been writing in English for ages now, and consider it as my second language.

Nickie

Triquediqual

Congratulations, finding the best place for writing is the hard part, publishing it is the toughest.

Welcome to the forums!

Triquediqual ---> Resident Genius.

mammamaia

welcome to the forum, anne!... glad to see you here... in case you see this before my email, i will get back to you on that piece you sent, later in the day...

love and hugs, maia

Ashen-eyes

Welcome to the forums. :) I hope you can find someone to help you with your style, grammar, etc. I'm just learning French in high school, but my French teacher can barely teach...