Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings from a newbie (1 Viewer)

R

rcc

A writer once said: Writing is easy - you just sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. As if the writing wasn't hard enough, the fact that we spend so much time alone getting it done makes a forum of supportive writers very welcome to me.

I have written three screenplays and a mystery/thriller novel. The novel placed third in a national contest (which I was told was one of the top three competitions). My first and second agent have made the rounds of the big publishing houses, but no interest. Since these agents only deal with the large houses, I am now on my own to query the smaller publishers.

In the meantime, I am starting a new general fiction novel and thinking about having my central character narrate his part in the story and the other characters would be narrated in third person. Could anyone suggest 2-3 novels where this type of split narration was done successfully.

I'm happy to have found the forum and will look forward to gaining knowledge, inspiration and, hopefully, some laughs along the way.

VigorousMastication

Hi there rcc,

Do you write professionally, or is it more of a hobby that occasionally opens doors? I'm interested in reading some of your work if only to study the craft.

Cheers!

VM