Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Greetings earthlings (1 Viewer)

R

reallyrosy

Glad to find this area.

I was once a member of Compuserve writers forum. So now you know how old I am. . .and my nickname there was moOosie. . . Hello? We had floating pitchers of margaritas in a pool and stud muffins and ladies in fishnet stockings bearing whips. Remember those good old days?

But, I've never actually published anything unless you count a review of a software program. I don't count it for myself. I did once write a complete story with a beginning, middle and end. I posted it and it was favorably critiqued. However, Compuserve was taken over by AOhell, and I lost my manuscript from carelessness and depression; a lethal combination, no?

Is there a round robin or writer's workshop in this forum? It was exhilerating (where's a spell chucker when you really need one?) to test the waters with established writers who didn't mind playing with neophytes.

<raising glass in toast> greetings to you all...

Reallyrosy

R

reallyrosy

thank you, Shinn. May I ask you why the calendar is stuck in 2006? The forum seems to be active but the calendar belies that