Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Great Writing Advice from a FORTUNE COOKIE! (1 Viewer)

Mikeyboy_esq

PRO TIP:
Sometimes the answer is in the fortune cookie!
:icon_cheesygrin: This week, my all-knowing flavorless dessert said to keep my writing simple and concise. This is great advice if you plan to create an appealing book that will actually sell. To that end, I recommend the following steps to ensure that your next book is simple and concise:

1) use at least 3 beta readers to hone your rough manuscript,
2) hire a professional copyeditor to polish your final manuscript, and
3) distribute Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs) and/or purchase an editorial review before launch to get feedback on any last minute typos or other errors.

Speaking of being simple and concise, I’m gonna keep this marketing tip short today. Happy Memorial Day holiday to everyone who celebrates it!

fortune cookie_my pic wide shot 05232019 REVISED.jpg

Last edited: