Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Grab a partner! - Collaborator challenge (Intrigue) (1 Viewer)

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
um, so.

due to RL crunch time,
and awesomeness-in-process
become
future-active,
i am wondering....

anyone considering this challenge
that might want to attempt
a quick thrash cowrite?

'cuz this is a challenge worth sustaining, imo.
*looks around*
*'bout 2 weeks left*

:)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hi, collab teams! How is the progress? Did I make this deadline too far out or the word count too difficult? Or is everything good?

It sounds like xXx could use a new partner to jump in and thrash ideas in this last bit of March. Anyone up for that? I'd think of offering but I'm judging the current LM.

Reactions: PiP

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
Maybe INDIANROADS and I can get together on a story NEXT time around. Right now, I am up to my ass in snapping alligators and if I take on something new . . . . . .they'll go for my throat.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Did I make this deadline too far out or the word count too difficult?

Goodness yes! I suggest increasing the word count to whatever we have after PiP writes her last addition to our story. 1063 looks like a good number! ;-)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Maybe INDIANROADS and I can get together on a story NEXT time around. Right now, I am up to my ass in snapping alligators and if I take on something new . . . . . .they'll go for my throat.
Please take care of your ass and tame the alligators! Though I do have to say...I find myself fangirling a bit over the possibilities of different collaboration partners.
Goodness yes! I suggest increasing the word count to whatever we have after PiP writes her last addition to our story. 1063 looks like a good number! ;-)
Haha! No.

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
Foxee -- whaddadickens (see! I CAN talk nice . . . .!) is "fangirling . . . . with . . .different . . . partners"??? My vivid imagination is running rampant down numerous paths of possibility. Some considerably more interesting than others . . . . .

• Haha

Foxee

Patron
Patron
fangirling a bit over the possibilities of different collaboration partners
fangirling - being a fan of something to the extent that you're a little over the top. (You're the right age to remember girls screaming and fainting over the Beetles, right?)

the possibilities of different collaboration partners - I doubt this needs explaining. I suppose 'combinations of writers' might be better.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Great news! I'm really looking forward to reading these.

Question: I'm about to submit PiP's and my collaboration, and I came up with a question about scene separators. Our formatting would be better with them, and in a couple of cases it would allow me to flip some paragraphs ... if I flip them they'd be hard to follow without scene separators.

However, Word counts them as words (***), and (* * *) is three words! Has there ever been a policy in these contests regarding scene separators?

Foxee

Patron
Patron
However, Word counts them as words (***), and (* * *) is three words! Has there ever been a policy in these contests regarding scene separators?
I'm not sure if the LM has ever addressed that (I decided to just include mine in the word count for my last entry) but since this is my challenge and not official I'll just say they don't count toward your words.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure if the LM has ever addressed that (I decided to just include mine in the word count for my last entry) but since this is my challenge and not official I'll just say they don't count toward your words.

Thanks. As it turns out, we're only at 997 anyway (per Word) with title and scene breaks. :) I made the joke about 1063 words a few days ago. When I got PiPs last contribution, we were at 1061. LOL But we managed to take out 75 words without damage.

We really had fun. I'd look forward to doing this again.

Last edited:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I LOVE this. Like a lot. I was going to wait to read it until after the LM is judged because (*guilty look*) I should be doing that. But I did read it because it was a very fun read.

Fellow collaboration teams, please do read everyone's entries and comment if you would. We're not doing a popular vote this time around as I don't think we'll have many entries but feedback is the coin of the realm. :)

Thank you, Pip and vranger, for your enthusiastic (and timely) efforts!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
and then it was
as it was
as life allowed

epimetheus and -xxx-

-unspoke n-

;)
Guys, seriously, thank you. I know all about life kicking one's behind and stealing away time. Comments in the story thread for you.

I may reiterate this there but I want you to know, I'd love to see you guys finish this at your leisure and post it.

Hope life isn't too rough on you, epimetheus. All the best.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Okay we've reached the end of March! Any more teams out there? River Rose and Gofa, did you guys cook something up? Are there Secret Teams I didn't know about? Now's the time!