Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Grab a partner! - Collaborator challenge (Intrigue) (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I have heard that there are a few writers on WF interested in writing collaboratively. So why don't we make a small challenge out of it and see how it goes?

The Plan

• Two writers write a 1,000 word story together
  • For this first round the challenge is intrigue - write a story where the characters are keeping information from each other and/or lying to each other.
  • I won't cap this first round with a date but let's bring it in for a landing and discussion by the end of March 2021.

The Steps

1. Grab a collaboration partner. If you've already asked to do this for the LM you probably already have someone in mind. Otherwise, post in this thread asking for a partner.

2. Partners collaborate via PM.

3. Post finished work in the Fiction Workshop (secure) or the Fiction Showcase (not first rights protected) and tag the title [Collab]. You may receive some crits especially in the workshop which is a good thing. We can discuss the stories in their threads, too.

4. Link the story back to this thread so that our new group of collaborators can find it.

5. For this round we can discuss how this went, if it's popular maybe the next time we can popular-vote. Let's see how this goes first.

One Rule: Y'all collaborators have to remain friends.

Who's in?

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
If someone wants to draw the short straw and take me as a collab partner, then I am in :)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
If someone wants to draw the short straw and take me as a collab partner, then I am in :)

PiP and I have teamed up and started brainstorming a concept.

Foxee needs some more participants, though. If you're thinking about doing this, and it should be fun, start advertising for a partner here!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hey, that's great! So far we have:

epimetheus and -xXx-

PiP and vranger

River Rose and Gofa

Still room for more collaborators! Post up looking for a friend or drag one in by the collar. There's still plenty of time!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hey, intriguing collaborators! How is it going? Everyone still friends? Are ideas proceeding?

I'd love to know how this is working out.

Also, if you haven't grabbed a friend and joined up there is still time! Just read
The original post for details!

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Pip and I are well into ours. Probably covered a bit more than half of our word quota. She just sent me her latest yesterday, so the ball's in my court for the next installment. I'm having a blast with it, and I hope she is too. :)

Once I started writing novels: I have fun writing them, and I enjoy my stories (or I wouldn't do it), but there IS an overriding cast of production involved ... not to mention the work that comes at the end to turn that first draft into something fit for other eyes.

This is a pure pleasure. Thanks so much for coming up with this, Foxee.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
This is a pure pleasure. Thanks so much for coming up with this, Foxee.
Woohoo! I'm glad. It's going to be great to see what you two have come up with.

I've enjoyed collaboration...I've been fortunate to have a good partner for that. Lots of shared energy and it brings "what happens next?" to the level of game playing sometimes.

Thank you for giving it a shot!