Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

goodreads debacle{last post I swear} (1 Viewer)

kunox

I have a doppelganger. no literally.. there is supposedly another josh head that writes books. I think goodreads has confused me with him. I have reported it. I don't think he is malicious though. I literally saw him post about this issue and I thought it was resolved but apparently it is not. I am american and born in 1984 not australian at all.

P.s. I wouldn't have posted again but despite reporting it. I am not sure what to do.
Screenshot from 2021-04-11 17-45-18.jpg

Kyle R

WF Veterans
This is actually surprisingly common. There's another author with the same name as me, as well, who writes instructional sports books. Our books sometimes overlap.

If one of your books has been posted under this other Josh's name (or one of his books has been posted under your name), then you should make a post in the Goodreads Librarians Group, under the Book Issues forum. Link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/59?group_id=220

(The Goodreads Librarians are like moderators, and they will move your books and/or his books to the correct profile, as long as you tell them specifically which books should be moved.)

If you do a quick browse through the forum linked above, you'll see examples of other authors posting about similar issues. :encouragement:

TheMightyAz

I have a doppelganger. no literally.. there is supposedly another josh head that writes books. I think goodreads has confused me with him. I have reported it. I don't think he is malicious though. I literally saw him post about this issue and I thought it was resolved but apparently it is not. I am american and born in 1984 not australian at all.

P.s. I wouldn't have posted again but despite reporting it. I am not sure what to do.
View attachment 26684

Not even a little bit?

Last edited:

Mark Twain't

Not writing related but, about 10 years ago, I started doing some work as a freelance photographer and I set up a website using my name for the domain, marcfalber.com. After a few years, I stopped due to health issues and let the domain lapse.

Fast forward a few more years and I decided to set up a new website and found that the domain had been taken. When I had a look, it was being used by a photographer in the US. Given my surname, there aren't that many of us about but, given that my first name ends with a 'c' AND he's a photographer, the odds must have been astronomical!

Ralph Rotten

Staff member
Mentor
While there is not another Ralph Rotten out there, there is indeed a Rotten Ralph. Penned by Jack Gantos, the popular children's books have been around for years 'n years. It took a long time for me to work the search engines until I came out in a search ahead of Jack's books. I suspect he hates me for using the name.

Users who are viewing this thread