Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Good Vampire Books? (1 Viewer)

JK_Wannabe

As you will soon see, I've been interested in vampires for a very long time. ;) Here are some books worth reading:

Middle Readers:
Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery by Deborah and James Howe
The Fabulous Fantoras: Book One, the Family Files by Adele Geras

Teen/Young Adult:
Buffy/Angel books (These are based on the TV series, of course. I just happen to like the Buffyverse interpretation of vampires.)

Adult:
Fat White Vampire
books by Andrew Jay Fox
Vamped: a Novel by David Sosnowski

J

JollyJester

Raven Dane's Blood Tears !

You've all missed the latest and the best! Try Raven Dane's Blood Tears, the first in the Legacy of the Dark KInd Series. She's a new author, with book two in the series out soon I believe.

HER vamps are gorgeous. Azrar warrior prince of Isolann, Jazriel the sha'ref to the nobles (a vampire whore) the story is set around world war two, Azrar is fighting to keep his country safe from outsiders, the vamps help a secret "spook" squad of gifted humans (i.e. telepaths, mind readers etc) I tell you it is a fantastic read!

Anne Rice ... in my opinion, her later books aren't a patch on Raven Dane!

go to http://www.legacy-of-the-dark-kind.blogspot.com for more info

S

Sanguinary

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It´s a bit different but I loved it!

mashowasho

nightwrite said:
You could also try 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King but I found it to be a slight cheesy rip-off of Bram Stoker.

I really tried with that book, but I found the pace to be incredibly slow, with endless description of the townspeople and hardly any vampire action until the end... ish.

wowzer77

well I haven't read it yet, but I've got this Christopher Golden book on my shelf that I just bought called "Of Saints and Shadows" and it looks pretty promising.

D

Dark Empress Zerai

You all have not mentioned Stephanie Meyer-Twilight and New Moon. Eclipse is coming out this fall, and it is a great read!!!!!!!!!!

Mike C

WF Veterans
nightwrite said:
Come on guys surely you can't have forgetten Dracula by Bram Stoker.

Stoker wrote the definitive vampire novel. All others are imitations. Ann Rice didn't define a genre, she just churned out a bunch of so-so books.

V

vampire_enchantress

I would recommend Look For Me by Moonlight, Twilight, & the Cirque de Freak series ifm you like vampires.