Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Good Books (1 Viewer)

rbradley_80

Ok so I'm currently visiting my family in North Carolina and have been trying to deal with my bordem in others ways besides watching countless episodes of 24. My little sister told me that I should read this book she really enjoyed and so I took her up on her offer. The book was Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and I've got to say it was one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time. I'm not usually into mushy, romantic, girl falls in love with boy books; But this one seems to be the exception to my liking(i mostly liked it for the vampires i swear lol) Not only was it great but it's sequal New Moon was just as good. I'd suggest these books to anyone looking for a good read. I finished both of them in 3 days I was so hooked. Has anyone else read these before? And what did you think?

I

Infinity A. Byss

Thanks for the info. I have a 30 dollar gift certificate to Barne's and Noble's so I will look for those. I'll put them on my list, too.

rbradley_80

It would definitely be a great gift. I hadn't read any vampire books before this, and now I'm headed to Barnes and Noble to find more on the topic. These books aren't gorey either, there are some parts that get a little descriptive and frightening in some parts but it only adds to the drama.

wowzer77

rbradley_80 said:
It would definitely be a great gift. I hadn't read any vampire books before this, and now I'm headed to Barnes and Noble to find more on the topic. These books aren't gorey either, there are some parts that get a little descriptive and frightening in some parts but it only adds to the drama.

For AWESOME vampire books check out all of Anne Rice's novels.

rbradley_80

I actually just went and bought Interview With a Vampire by anne Rice yesterday along with Vampire Hunter D volume I by Hideyuky Kikuchi, I'm in the middle of VHD right now and so far it's pretty interesting.

kenewbie

I just read "The Historian" by Elisabeth Kostova. It is a historical investigation sort of fiction book.

Personally I didn't like it much, too many adjectives and not enough content. Many people I have talked to liked the book a great deal though, and I think the reviews have been overall favorable.

If you are into long accurate descriptions of medival europe and its cities with dracula thrown into the mix, you might like it

k

rbradley_80

I've never heard of that one before, but I'll have to check it out. I've only recently been inclined towards books with dark themes such as vampires or werewolfs. Its pretty cool stuff though.