Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Golden Pet (1 Viewer)

Nemesis

The Black Goat
WF Veterans
This gilded cage you've kept me in
It keeps you safe from what's within
But I've the key, the door's open
I'm so lonely, so come on in

CrazyInk

What? It sounds a little dirty at first when I read it, but can you please tell me what that poem is about. I probably got the interpretation wrong, because maybe how it's worded.

Nemesis

The Black Goat
WF Veterans
I've always imagined some kind of beautiful, but twisted and dangerous female creature being kept as a pet, caged up. Then she manages to open her cage and now she's taunting her master. I pictured it as a dark room with a pair of glowing eyes and a woman's hand with long, sharp nails extending out of it.

badboi scene

I like the concept of being tempted into the unknown. The first and second verse clearly reveals this creatures menacing nature.

I feel the third verse would flow better being slightly extended:

But I've the key, the door is open

The forth verse, for me, I feel as though this creature has exchanged it's seductive nature for desperation. I'd have the creature speak the sentence, that way it will preserve it's twisted enticement.

Nemesis

The Black Goat
WF Veterans
The creature speaks the whole thing, she sits there in wait of him with a mouth full of wicked teeth

badboi scene

It makes more sense to me now, I apologise for interpreting that part wrong. A very unnerving and absorbing piece. Even your explanation I found somewhat poetic:

The creature speaks the whole thing, she sits there in wait of him with a mouth full of wicked teeth

Nemesis

The Black Goat
WF Veterans
I can't help myself lol i'm just a drama queen like that. Is it bad I like it when my work disturbs, unnerves, and/or makes people feel ill?

badboi scene

To achieve the ability of unnerving and/or nauseating people by your words, and visions then that, in my eyes, would make you creative and exceptionally talented. I myself feel that darkness explored is a much more intriguing and captivating essence.

Nemesis

The Black Goat
WF Veterans
It has always had the ability to encite a more emotional response in me. Thank you for the compliment then ;)