Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Girl name: young, then as a petulant teenager. (1 Viewer)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
In my second project (first time I've tried concurrent development) I have a young girl - she's a sort of ghost in the machine, innocent looking with spooky glowing eyes. At the very end of the story she will morph into a petulant teenage girl.

I'm looking for a name that sounds sweet for a little girl (like 'Sally' or 'Suzy'), and will have a secondary form I can use for the less-sweet teenage version of herself ('Sal', or 'Suz' ?).

Suggestions?

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Stick with Sally and move to Suzanne, it has a nice hard petulance to it...(All of the Sues and Susans I know are very nice people. Oddly enough it is the same with the Karens, as well.)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Winnie - Winter
Edie - Eden
Jeannie - Jeanne - Gene
Jen - Imogen

OOOO - I like Winnie - Winter. That works. She's a specter that only MC can see. When he first encounters her she's like a seven year old girl - blonde hair, pink dress (think Shirley Temple), but her eyes glow. Later after the antagonist fails the kill her, she'll show up (on the last page) as a teenage goth chick, black dyed hair, dark makeup... her eyes will still glow (maybe a different color). The last line in the story is her looking at the MC, giving a nod, and saying, "Sup?"