Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ghosts in romance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaSohan

WF Veterans
In one book I read, the main character has a romance with a ghost, and it worked well. Picoult (a reasonably famous author) has a book where the main character turns out to be a ghost. A little unsatisfying, but interesting.

HEA? It is fairly well-known that ghosts stay on Earth because of some unfinished business. So their romance could resolve their unfinished business.

Very nice plot. Good luck with it.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
In one book I read, the main character has a romance with a ghost, and it worked well. Picoult (a reasonably famous author) has a book where the main character turns out to be a ghost. A little unsatisfying, but interesting.

HEA? It is fairly well-known that ghosts stay on Earth because of some unfinished business. So their romance could resolve their unfinished business.

Very nice plot. Good luck with it.
Good point - I think their unfinished business would be a life together that they had missed.

Lots of good stuff here, much thanks to all.

This was a story that I started writing back in 2016, but I didn't have the skills to get it done, I'm a bit better now but it will still be a challenge.
Funny thing - I have the first few chapters of that story saved on disk (no plot, I was a pantser then)... the first chapter was over 7,000 words... WTH was I thinking? Oy... but there are a few parts I can use, so the effort wasn't wasted. The problem with the pantsed story was that it went off the rails; I'll plot it before writing this time and keep it on track (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.